Sunday, February 28, 2010

Save Ferris!

I'd known for a while that this apartment is close to where Ferris Bueller's best friend Cameron's house was. So, we walked there today. I'm a big fan of the movie - kind of a little known fact about me I suppose. Right now, the house is actually up for sale.


I'm going to post two pictures - one to show the actual house and the other to show the garage, which is actually not attached to the house at all but is almost entirely suspended over the ravine (the area isn't called Ravinia for nothing) while the house is only partially suspended. Here's the garage:



And, of course, to complement the walk, we watched the movie. I don't know how many times I've seen it, but I catch new things every time - this time it was the license plates, which refer to movies made by the director - MMOM (Mr. Mom), TBC (The Breakfast Club), 4FBDO (For Ferris Bueller's Day Off), VCATION (National Lampoon's Vacation) ...

In case you were wondering, a walk to Ferris' house won't be happening anytime soon - that place is in California. But I'm sure I could make a point to take pictures of the school and some locations downtown Chicago such as "Chez Luis." We'll see.

On the way back, I tried to think up a good "bread mith" with Colin but it's quite clear that neither of us are ever going to be a published novelist. Things like "Breadmas" and "bread miss" and aliens and the science of breadmaking and a mischievous baker's child and a grandpa who can't hear properly were all suggested but nothing made both of us jump for joy. If you're at all interested in any of these ideas, I could try to elaborate but I won't make you suffer through a story you don't want to read.

No comments: