Thursday, February 25, 2010

Noon + snow + sun = BRIGHT

Today I finally went for a hike in the middle of the day. Some snow had fallen overnight but most of it had been cleared from the roads even by noon. I took a random walk before meeting up with Colin and really had no idea what I'd find. Dogs barking at me from inside their houses was mostly it, but then I found hope of spring! Promising indeed.

Not much got done today unfortunately ... it was starting to get worrisome that we couldn't find Colin's passport so I tried to figure out what our options were (how fast and expensive it'd take to get a new one, how to minimize the time he'd have to spend downtown, and which islands he'd actually need it for). Meanwhile, he was having a stressful day at work which didn't help me any, especially since it was only afterwards that I realized how much I was stressing about it.

Colin came home and while I cleaned every single dish in the apartment, he searched some more for the passport. Et voila! He found it! Right where he swore it was all along ... just hidden in a manila folder not clearly visible in his file box. *sigh* Perhaps *tomorrow* I can lessen the stress, be gentle with myself, and just focus on getting things done that need getting done - without getting overwhelmed with thinking about everything I should do. Here's hoping things are quite so hectic and out of control tomorrow ...

No comments: