Monday, March 1, 2010

Giraffes spotted roaming free in Chicagoland


It seems that I never quite get to walk where I plan to and it's mostly due to the simple fact that it's winter and people in Chicagoland get reeeeally lazy. I tried two different nature parks and there was no way I could have hiked in them. The first there was no place to park because "roadside" parking is allowed for those who use it - but it's a narrow road with heaps of snow on both sides. The second was actually more of a marsh and there was a sign warning to stay on the path but I had no way of telling what was path and wasn't keen on getting my boots soaking wet or worse. So again, I walked along a boring sidewalk, where I saw a hornet's nest and a pond full of geese and ducks. But the statue of the giraffe and baby giraffe in someone's backyard takes the cake today. Or should I say a piece of the brownie in the oven that smells amazing?!

Today was a day I simply didn't want to get up. I wasn't overly tired nor was I feeling miserably sick - I just didn't want to get up. But I did. And then I did genealogy research until lunch, and then after the "walk" I went to Target with the half-hearted goal of looking for a "cocktail dress." Well, no success there, but I saw they had swimsuits and I realized that it's been maybe 10 years since I bought my last one. So yay, my first real bikini! The one I've had forever is technically a tankini. What better time to get myself a new swimsuit? :)

No comments: