Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Downtown HP again

Today I realized I needed more than a cocktail dress after I tried on all my shorts and only found one real pair that actually fit. I have hiking and running shorts so it's possible I could get by if I don't find any before the cruise, but I'm going to need some for the summer anyway.

I went to one of the thrift shops downtown - which was having a huge sale. I found a dish rack (and a spice rack that won't work - the holes are too small for the bottles we have). It's a pretty nice one and it was only 4 bucks. But I ran out of time browsing the clothes. Didn't see anything really though. However, there's a lot of clothes and there's a huge sale tomorrow morning - fill a paper grocery bag full of clothes for ten bucks. If I don't find anything, there's the other thrift shop in town and then I'll head to T J Maxx. Yes, I'm a cheapskate.

Oh, and the photo is of the war memorial downtown next to the train tracks. It's like the local Vietnam War Memorial. I'll also include a picture of the whole thing instead of try to describe it, but I wanted to include the details which are more interesting.

Ooo I made fettucine with asparagus and salmon! Very tasty and not difficult to make, especially if smoked salmon is used. I highly recommend it - and so does Colin.

No comments: