Wednesday, November 9, 2011

This pen(cil) really sucks

While I should be writing my novel (I'm a bit behind - need to write 2.5k just to be caught up to the daily goal by the end of today), I simply had to write a post about something different right this instant.

You might know me as a lover of office supplies. I love visiting office supply stores for as long as I can remember and seeing what they have that I want to try out. I needed to pick up a prescription and had $2 extrabucks at the CVS that were going to expire soon. I couldn't think of any usual toiletry/medicinal supplies or even any food, so I thought I'd allow myself to pick something up in the small office supply section.

I spotted the Sharpie Liquid Pencil. "Oooo," I breathed. Sharpie makes great stuff and this looked like a cool idea. So I grabbed it and headed over to the pharmacy. When I came home, I immediately opened the package and started writing with it. My heart sunk with every new stroke.

Simply put, it is an abysmal product. I'm not usually one for such drastically negative words and will try to find some redeeming features of just about anything. It looks like it came out well over a year ago and I'm surprised it's still on the shelves. I Googled around looking for other opionions and found that the majority of the reviews on Amazon are 1 stars. Some other reviews elsewhere are much more positive, even saying that it writes smoothly. Now, it's possible that I've gotten a faulty one, but I will include a photo of the results. I tried different pressures and angles with no success.


Glad I hung onto that receipt. Despite only actually spending a dollar on it, I'm never using it and can't even bring myself to be okay with spending a dollar ...

No comments: