Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Nano 2011, here we go

Today marks the first day of a new Nanowrimo season. I debated whether or not to do it this year, and then decided to shoot for it. Last year was a success, but mostly in the "I can write 50k words of the same story in a month" way and not much else. I looked back at what I would like to have done differently last year and the biggest one was: write things I would want to read and share afterwards. I didn't want to get rid of the carefree writing style, though - I just wanted to not be stuck with one story. I also had some ideas that were nonfiction. And, most importantly, I wanted to use the momentum to advance the stories without worrying about word counts. So 2011 is the Year of the Rebel. Rawr!

Additionally, I plan to pen (type) poems and post them here. The one for the day is not related to the story I'm working on in anyway except that I was writing the story while the event took place.


1
Neighborhood feral cat
white on black the night after Halloween
slinks out of the shadows
sits profile wise
and laps from the birdbath
a makeshift neon green shallow dish
then continues
to the other side
of the patio
back into the night.

No comments: