Friday, November 4, 2011

A Novel on my Hands

Looks like the first big story idea I started with is turning out to be a novel. So I'm going to stick with it, see where it goes. I feel like I have a more definite plot idea and a good idea for what to end it on, as opposed to the story last year. Still, I'm not forcing myself to write just this one story so if it gets stuck or peters out, I'm moving on. Speaking of which, I've only managed just over 6k, not quite meeting the daily requirement. Now, it's possible I'll eke out some more words before sleep but today wiped me out.

The gang's all here, from my mom and dad, Grandpa, aunt and uncle, and us. And of course the people who live here - Laura, William, Becca and Daver. We spent quite a bit of time at the cafe downtown, slowly typing out some words for the novel. Then we met up with those flying in and had dinner at the Library (there's a restaurant/brewery with that name in the old public library building - very good). Then we saw Laura starring in the Fuddy Meers play, which I thought was fun and pretty good though I'm sure there's some bias on my part.

Now Colin and I are back in the hotel room, lazing around a bit watching real TV until falling into bed. The saddest parts are that there's no snow predicted for the rest of this weekend even though it's gonna be cold enough at night and that there's an NCIS marathon on Sunday - when we're going to be driving south again.

No comments: