Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The rest of the Austin story

I've "restarted" the Nano story. I had started with the main character being in their early twenties but then realized everyone was strangers to me. So I backed up a bunch in the timeline and the fingers are flying. It's annoying though, how much I can't stop thinking about the story and writing more only increases this feverish feeling. I'm up to 4629 words and I have no poem for the day. I might think up one before bed but don't count on it.


I haven't yet finished describing the trip to Austin that happened last week. I had a great time - went to the LBJ Presidential Library and Museum on Monday. That night I didn't feel so great so I bought a box of cereal and some milk for dinner and rested in the hotel room. I took it easier on Tuesday but went to the State Library right next to the Capitol building and found a goldmine on Ashley's relatives in their stacks. Wednesday I finally got to visit the two small house museums next to the hotel - one was the house of Susanna Dickinson, messenger of the Alamo, and the other was a house O. Henry had lived in for a couple of years.

Colin's conference was finally over and we met up with Ashley and Philip, staying with them the rest of the week. However, after a late lunch of Vietnamese sandwiches on Thursday I fell miserably ill and spent the rest of the time laid up. It was probably food poisoning with a combination of really bad allergies and fatigue. I made it back home and I'm mostly over it by now but I'm still having trouble eating much and get tired a lot.

And tomorrow we hit the road again! This time it's northward, on to see my sister star in a play. I haven't seen my family since the wedding so it'll be nice to see them and see how William's adjusting to college life. As an added bonus, I get to see Becca! Again! For the fourth time this year! And we'll be spending sometime together working on our novels, of course.

No comments: