Sunday, February 6, 2011

I wrote a post for an hour yesterday about a tech exploration before I realized I wasn't done thinking it through. I'm still not quite done and I doubt I will be able to get it together in a post for at least another week, mainly because I have some things to check on at work Thursday first - and Becca will be here Thursday pm to Sunday! If I try to give a one sentence summary of what I'm talking about it will turn into a paragraph, I can promise you that ... so, instead I'll just say that it's a step beyond searching for instructions and using my slightly-more-than-basic linux skills because I can't find enough tips online to get it going. I really am trying something new it looks like. Hence the need to have a clear post about it.

I kept meaning to put up a link to the blizzard photo album (I'm still hoping to take pictures outside the house and by just posting a link to the picasa album will make the excuse "but I already put pictures up on my blog I don't want to put up more" moot). I just put captions on the second batch which were uploaded on the second snowday we had.

The snow hasn't really compressed into smaller piles like I thought it would. It'll be interesting to see if they attempt to make the huge mounds any smaller before nature does the job when seasons change. Also, there has been a little snow falling today.

Yesterday morning, Colin found our car had all the warning lights lit up in the garage. We're not sure how that happened, but it wouldn't start. He had plans (soccer game, lunch, and geek toy shopping with friends) downtown Chicago and he was carpooling because I had work yesterday afternoon. So I threw on some clothes and the person picking Colin up was nice enough to drop me off at work. Four hours early. Oh well - one of the perks for working in a library is that I like being there anyway. I was at the library for almost eight hours for four hours of work. Things were really slow yesterday at work, probably because everyone focused on finishing their shoveling and getting things back in order at home.

You ever have one of those days were it's all those little things that keep not working? On top of the car problems, yesterday was one of those days. Adding that to the fact that Colin sat in the parking lot waiting an extra fifteen minutes for me while I waited for security to come lock things up, I was definitely more impatient about having to wait than I normally would have been.

My internet is cutting in and out about every fifteen minutes if not more and has been doing so since I got home last night. I even shut down the computer overnight (which I rarely do and don't really feel guilty about because it uses very little power while it's sleeping). Also, it's horrible at telling me when I don't have internet; I don't find out until a page doesn't load. Usually Pidgin will show I'm still online, the little network connection notification in the menu bar will show great connection ... Something I guess I'll have to look into and try to fix today.

No comments: