Monday, October 11, 2010

The trip to Battle Creek to hang out with Colin's grandparents was very nice. It was perfect weather; it actually in the mid 80s on Sunday and one could have been fooled into thinking it was July except for the leaves falling onto your plate and into your salad. They were baby sitting a very sweet dog who has selective hearing and eats bumblebees and wasps for snacks. I ate too much, as one always has to expect when visiting the grandparents. Also got some intense garage sale-ing done! Found a nice long blue skirt and a couple of gifts. I also couldn't help myself but got a bunch of Snoopy postcards for a whopping 25 cents. I am tempted to put a picture of them here but wouldn't want to ruin the surprise for you. Since I have a good stack of them and they're all the same. So I have an idea: if you want one, all you have to do is email me your snail mail address! Then I'll send you one with a nice message from me to you on it. We all love getting real mail right? Oh and in case you don't have it yet, my email address is K J Larsen (with an E) at gee mail dot com. no spaces, all lower case, ignore the parentheseed comment and realize that there's no such thing as geemail. Just trying to be extra clever against those roving evil robot spammer things.

I haven't really planned out my day and it's already 10:30. Oh well - I've been catching up on blog reading and a little bit of hopping around on the internet. It was nice not to actually have much internet beyond searching for directions and getting emails this weekend but I am glad to be back. Good day to get some stuff done including laundry and to get out and enjoy the warm sunny air. Happy Columbus Day, however you do or don't celebrate it!

No comments: