Thursday, September 9, 2010

Well, I guess that's what I get for speaking too soon; the cold managed to knock me down for the past couple of days but it seems like it's now solidly going the way of the dodo bird. One thing I am thankful for is the cooler weather; it allows me to wrap up in a blanket with a cup of hot tea. Which is more or less what I've been doing the past couple of days.

Today we're expecting two packages of, well, toys. They should be fun projects for this fall/winter and I'll be sure to blog about them along the way. Probably more "Look how cute/awesome/geeky this is!" than step-by-steps. Colin is planning to blog about the more specific aspects, since he's noticed how immensely helpful other blogs have been in learning what to get and how to make them. Who knows, I might end up doing more details, but I doubt it. Example: Last night we were in Radio Shack and Colin was reading aloud a couple of things we needed and I just stared at him blankly and said "I have no clue what those are." And I meant no clue. The names didn't give me hint of what vague category they belonged in. So he pointed me to the right drawers and I just muttered the names to myself over and over. It's rare that I feel so clueless. But all was not lost; I do have some experience with soldering so I got to ask more intelligent questions like "Are we getting a cleaner in the mail?"

Hmm, I can't really think of anything else to say. Guess I have yet to get back my creativity, not to mention the rest of my brain cells. Oh well, I'll just post this for now and not feel too bad posting a longer entry if my brain cells do decide to show up later today.

No comments: