Thursday, September 2, 2010

Discombobulated State

Today has been one of those days where you and everyone you encounter seems to be slightly off kilter. For example a conversation in the car on the way to the train station (Colin's driving):
*we turn before I expected us to*
Me: Why are we going to [A] stop?
Colin: You mean [B] stop.
Me: Right. *note: we usually go to [A] but it doesn't have an actual depot. I still sometimes get the two stop names mixed up. If your address is one, but you go to the other more often, it's only natural that you think your stop is the one like your address. Right?*
Colin: I need to buy a monthly pass.
Me: Oh that's right. *now remembers how he got in trouble with the conductor last night for having no cash or pass* Did you remember cash to get it?
Colin: You know they take credit card when you buy a pass in the train station.
Me: Oh, yeah.
Colin: Gee, thanks for being so helpful and remembering things for me. *cue tease session*

So then we get to the station and he buys his pass. Then realizes too late that he made a mistake. We can only go to [B] stop this month because [A] stop requires a different pass. That shouldn't be a problem, since the train gets there slightly later than at [A]. However, the drive to [A] is easier since there's no stop lights and you aren't required to cross the tracks. So we'll see how this goes. Surprisingly, I think we've only missed the train once, maybe twice, this summer. Both times we ran back to the house and I grabbed stuff to entertain myself with for a day near his office.

I came back and had some breakfast before heading over to the church library - again. The person "in charge" was running quite late - she almost forgot about coming, since the days have been changed. One of the guys completely forgot his hearing aids so we were quite noisy which is okay because there's no one else near enough to care. I nearly finished tagging and sorting the stack of books by DDC number that I'd been working on, and then I had to run to the doctor's office. Should be getting a call back this afternoon about the results of a test and whether it's a go or not to fill the prescription.

I had myself a lazy lunch of spaghettios. We're currently out of clean microwavable bowls so I used a tupperware container. What made me laugh was that I'd chosen to be colorful and pulled out an orange one; I didn't realize until after I dumped the can's contents in it that the food matched the bowl! This happens to me sometimes. I guess you could say it's "getting stuck on a color." This can prove fruitful or disastrous, depending on whether the outfit of the same color in different shades clashes or not. The biggest example is the fact that I'd spray-painted the free desk this lovely maroon (I love maroon) before I noticed that the curtains right where the desk was going are essentially the same color! Oh, and our Prius is maroon too. My high school colors were maroon and white, so my cross country sweatshirt is maroon. My purse from India is maroon. My sweatshirt from Rome is maroon. My scarf from Venice is maroon. Sheesh.

Not sure what I'll be doing the rest of the day, other than running the dishwasher. I really need to clean the bathroom. I'd like to take a hike if the weather holds. Need to read my book quota for the day. Perhaps fill the rest of the time with genealogical research. Also should think what to do with cucumbers to make a meal with salmon. Can't print the tickets for tomorrow's flight until about 6:00. Oh, we're going to southern Indiana for a family wedding. Evansville, which I've never been to before and looking at a map is making me realize just how far *north* Bloomington really is in the state. Two years of driving back and forth from Chicago disagrees with the idea, but maps don't lie. Well, that's not exactly true ... but for this instance, it is. Anyway, I should kick off before I allow myself to ramble the day away any further.

No comments: