Friday, December 17, 2010

Now I'm a Real Librarian!

I just got accepted for the part-time reference librarian position at CLC! Hurray! My first day is the Monday after we get back, which is perfect because it gives me about a day to deal with jetlag and relaxing but not enough time to get too nervous. Hopefully.

I'd gotten a call but it was during the 20 minute interval that I just happened to have my phone off on Wednesday. So I talked to Colin that night and then called back, leaving a message Thursday morning then Thursday afternoon. I got a call back this morning and from the sound of it, I felt like I was hired already, but I tried to be only cautiously optimistic. I said I was available to talk and look around either today or tomorrow but not next week, so they said, "How about 11:30?" So in I went, with hardly a minute to freak out.

I don't remember the names of most of the people I met, but that should come with time.

I am so excited! At the same time, I can hear my inner critic and the sloth side of my brain voicing their opinions and saying, "It's not all *that* great." But I really do think it is awesome. I feel blessed. Blessed - it's the only word I can think of to describe what I feel right now. So I say to the negative critics in my head, "Shoo! I don't need or want you right now!"

Oh, and yes I am still pretty nervous, but not as nervous as I have been since getting the voicemail on Wednesday. This is an awesome thing to happen just before leaving on the trip.

Phew ...

1 comment:

Kate Rowan said...

Congrats to you! That's awesome!