Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring ANEW is the motto of the season


I have actually tried to post a few times in the last five months. Really. I even logged in and wrote a few sentences before (a) I got distracted and/or overwhelmed or (b) my browser crashed.


I'll try to avoid either of these pitfalls this time and maybe, just maybe, you'll get a real post from me. Oh, the weird "boing" post was to test the linking between blogger and livejournal. I thought I'd type over here where livejournal wouldn't be able to cause problems. So even if it did, I wouldn't have lost the production of my efforts. It may not be an LJ problem ... I might just be paranoid; my browser tends to crash every once in awhile, but not enough to propel me into taking action against it. Here's to me being tech-savvy.


I occasionally read people's posts but not lately. Last night, Becca asked me to read a particular post, so I went to LJ.com, wrested my password from some obscure, dusty corner of my mind, and signed on. Then I read and enjoyed the wild, quirky amazing-ness that is all of you and wondered why the heck I don't do that more often. It's exactly what I have needed, especially some of those dark, dark days I've had this winter and don't want to think about too hard.


Let's see - short and sweet version:

I chose IU. So now I live in Bloomington in a studio apartment with a view of trees. I am almost done with the semester. I have a couple assignments and a take-home final left to do. I think my brain's already on vacation, which doesn't help things. School's all right and quite a bit different than K. Have had classes only Mondays and Tuesdays, but each session is three hours long. Very few social connections, but now have three new phone numbers. Spend as many weekends as I can with Colin the boyfriend. That'd be the comp sci major who's tall and skinny, also graduated from K last spring, and does his code monkey thing in Chicago area. It's his birthday on Saturday. It reached 80 degrees F here today and I'm sticking around for the summer (yes, I have a/c), taking a class during the second session.


Other near-future plans you all might be interested in keeping tabs on: visiting K-zoo early May, spending Memorial Day weekend at Colin's family cabin in northern Wisconsin, seeing Becca in South Range, attending my sister's HS graduation stuff, and distracting Becca during the weekend of June 7th by being all touristy at the Pictured Rocks. I think that's it. Besides the projects and such that I plan to occupy my time with this summer, like hiking and running and artsy stuff and reading.


I think that's a good enough re-entry...


Oh if any of you need an excuse to procrastinate, I've made a website for class. url: http://ella.slis.indiana.edu/~kjlarsen/home.html Nothing real cool (although I do like the format). There's a link to a pathfinder (kind of like a pre-project, exploratory bibliography - librarians apparently make them) that I made for another class about how global warming is affecting the Arctic's geopolitical situation.

No comments: