Sunday, April 17, 2011

Persistent or annoying? How about both?

In the last 11 days, I've gotten 11 phone calls from K College. Not exactly one per day but that's what it averages out to.

My magic google voice assistant prevents the phone from ringing when they call and then it will tell me I missed a call from them. No voicemail messages are ever left.

I have a lot of thoughts on this. Most of it goes something like this: OK I know you want my money. If it was something else (important) you would leave a message. I have a job but it pays very little. Just leave me alone. Pestering me won't make you turn favorable in my eyes and only reminds me of the burns from K College bureaucracy. I admire persistence and I feel for the student callers doing the legwork, but ...

Why aren't they calling Colin too? What makes a new part time reference librarian more likely to be a potential donation source than a software engineer who has held a job more than the average '07 alum?

I think there should be a ten year embargo on recent graduates. Then the memories have time to take a nostalgic sheen, money and stability have more time to occur, etc. It's not like we're going to just forget a place that sucked us dry for four years. Even though I in no way regret going to K College.

Does this make sense to anyone else? Or am I just bitter and cranky?

1 comment:

William said...

well the obvious answer is bitter and cranky. :) but i do find this rather comical. especially that you thought as deeply as wondering why they didn't try to contact Colin because of his profession. Silly sister.