Thursday, July 10, 2008

Today was not my day.

You know those days when all the little things go wrong and it seems like evidence to support an overwhelming feeling that the world is constantly spiting you?
I woke up to find the two tadpoles that had all four legs had died overnight. One had been hopping and climbing over everything when I went to bed. I was so excited, so finding that they had drowned (I suspect) even though they could have easily sat on the dry part of the incline (stupid animals) was not a way I wanted to start my day. My computer froze up on me twice while I was trying to get the internet to work. I didn't have time to make coffee. Then my shoe broke in the heel on the way to school. The rubber part just split in half. We had a guest speaker (we get a lot of them) who works at the law library. First of all, it was very dry and I wasn't certain I'd ever even really want to know what she told us. But the worse was that she SHOUTED the whole lecture for an hour. Then I didn't have enough change or any one-dollar bills to get the chocolate or a drink from the vending machine so I got cheez-its which probably didn't help my thirst. Between the thirst, heat, and shouting librarian, I inevitably got a headache. I couldn't get a CD to burn or find a crucial piece of information for my homework while on the computer in the gov't info library. The heat really got to me on the walk home. Watching "Hearts in Atlantis" didn't really cheer me up at all. Things only got better after staring at the live tadpoles and giving into the urge to get some root beer and ended up trying a new kind that is actually kind of awesome. And the fact that Colin was finally available to chat tonight is not to be overlooked. Please, please, please let tomorrow be better!

No comments: