Wednesday, April 7, 2010

OMG Neil!

This morning, I was slowly jogging earlier today for the second day in a row. Just getting my body used to the idea: "Body, this idea is called "jogging." Remember it?" "Oh my goodness! I'm heavier than I ever was when I jogged or ran before in my life! And I have whiny wimpy muscles! But this could be fun ... it's not that hard ..." Hence the *thought* rather than the action. The key is to go SLOW.

While I was jogging in between the raindrops (it's been thunderstorming and raining on and off the past couple days and I managed to go out when it's not doing those things), a bike passed me from behind. Things like this startle me. I've been hit by bikes because I don't know they're coming. Near my house in Charlevoix, there's a paved trail where some fanatical bikers go like 50 miles everyday so whenever I went walking, running, rollerblading, or biking on it I was constantly trying to not get run over by them. Then I started thinking "How could this problem be solved? Oh hey, that's easy - write something on the back of my t-shirt like HARD OF HEARING or DEAF. But probably not HOH ..." So now I need help figuring out what to put and how to put it on shirts. But doesn't that sound like a simple solution? I mean, sheesh, took me a while to think of how to avoid a certain type of accident ...

Then I got back and found Neil Gaiman had posted a new blog post and - oh my goodness! - he replied to my inquiry! You can see it at the bottom of the post found here: http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2010/04/how-to-mortify-your-daughter.html And I wrote a reply thanking him and explaining that a sign language interpreter would be lost on me. So now I'm going to be getting one of the books at the library with "Chivalry" in it to read. And Colin and I definitely plan on going to the event :)

So now it's off to have coffee with Colin before heading to the library and the grocery store. Colin's had to go in earlier than usual the last couple of days because of morning meetings and this morning I missed my alarm because I'd moved from one side of the bed to the other and I slept in later than I have in a long while. I might have needed that sleep though.

No comments: